Are you looking for more information on Bluehost? Before choosing it, please read through my Bluehost Hosting Review to determine the drawbacks and strengths.
Bluehost is an official WordPress recommended hosting company and one of the largest web hosting companies in the world.
Bluehost provides a wide range of hosting options for beginners as well as small, medium, and large companies, as well as 24/7 customer service.
Find out if Bluehost is the right option for you by reading my in-depth Bluehost Hosting Review.
The following are the aspects I'll evaluate:
- Speed: With Bluehost, how quickly will your website load? To evaluate this, I will monitor their speed and server response time.
- Performance: How well does Bluehost handle the amount of traffic? I'll put that to the test by running it through a test phase to see how well it handles traffic.
- Reliability: Would your website be accessible 24/7/365 without any downtime?
- Customer Support: Can you count on Bluehost's customer service when you need help with your website right away?
- Features: Do they have all of the features you'll need to create your website?
- Pricing: Do they have the most reasonable rates in the industry? Are there any Bluehost deals that you can use to save money?
This is our comprehensive Bluehost Hosting Review and I'll go over the benefits and drawbacks of Bluehost. If you don't want to read the entire review, here is Bluehost's quick evaluation with our verdict right below it.
|Average load time||1.48 ms|
|Average response time||1.26 ms|
|Support||Phone / Live Chat / Knowledge base|
In my Bluehost Hosting Review, I observed them be trustworthy, fast, and affordable, with friendly 24/7 customer support.
That is why I chose Bluehost as one of the best WordPress hosting companies.
What is BlueHost?
Let's start with a look at the company itself.
Bluehost was founded in 1996 and has since grown to become one of the world's largest web hosting companies. More than 2 million websites from all over the world use it today.
It began by providing low-cost shared hosting for small websites but has since grown to include virtual private servers (VPS) and dedicated servers.
The WordPress community has a long-standing relationship with Bluehost. Since 2006, they've been an official WordPress.org recommended hosting company.
They take pride in their round-the-clock customer service, excellent hosting infrastructure, and support for free open source applications such as WordPress.
Bluehost Performance Tests
The most critical performance metric to keep an eye on is speed. It has an effect not only on the user experience on your blog, but also on your WordPress SEO rankings.
According to studies, a 1-second delay in website speed will reduce your conversion rate by 7%. A three-second delay will cost you half your traffic.
Bluehost Speed Test Results
You'll need to pick a fast website hosting company if you want your website to load faster. With this in mind, I built a test site to see just how fast Bluehost is.
The default Twenty Twenty theme was used to create our test site in WordPress. For theme creation, I imported dummy material, which included photographs. After that, I ran a speed test on the website with Pingdom.
Here are the results of our tests:
Our test site loads in less than two seconds, as you can see.
This is a remarkable outcome considering our website didn't use any caching plugins or performance optimization techniques.
However, since this test site did not have a lot of traffic, the speed test alone isn't enough.
It's also important to note that during my testing, I did not notice any downtime. For a more in-depth look at Bluehost server uptime, see the screenshot below.
Bluehost Server Response Time
When you use tools like Pingdom to evaluate a live website, you're essentially looking at how everything on the site loads. This also applies to photographs, which take much longer to load than plain text.
I used another method named Bitcatcha to get a more reliable server response time. It allows you to check the response time of a server without having to load any data.
Pros and Cons of Bluehost
Every web hosting service has advantages and disadvantages. Some are tolerable, whereas others are unavoidable.
Here are the benefits and drawbacks of Bluehost that I noticed.
- Pricing: Most users, especially those who are just getting started, can afford their hosting plans.
- Reliability: They are able to support a large number of websites with no downtime.
- No hidden charges: When you sign up for an account, there are no mysterious fees.
- Free domain: When you sign up, you get a free domain name for the first year.
- Free CDN + SSL: Each website comes with a free SSL certificate and Cloudflare CDN.
- Money-Back Guarantee: All plans come with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
As previously stated, every hosting company has its own set of drawbacks. The following are some to the drawbacks of using Bluehost as your hosting provider.
- The cost of renewing a domain is high.
- The cost of their free domain renewal is higher than the industry average.
- During the signup process, they have an effective upsell process. If you don't need any of the addons, you can easily uncheck them.
Hosting Plans and Features of Bluehost
Bluehost has a wide range of hosting plans to fit all budgets and needs. Shared hosting, virtual private servers, dedicated servers, cloud hosting, WooCommerce hosting, managed WordPress hosting, and more are all available.
Let's look at the Bluehost hosting plans and what they have to do.
- Shared hosting: Shared hosting is an excellent option for a new website with low traffic. Your website shares server resources with other websites in a shared hosting environment.
- Cloud hosting: An enhancement to the shared hosting service that is more trustworthy. It enables you to use several cloud servers, enabling your website to migrate to a different server automatically in the event of a hardware failure or heavy traffic.
- WordPress hosting: A WordPress hosting kit tailored to the needs of WordPress-powered websites. It is WordPress-optimized and can also defend your WordPress site from popular threats.
- WooCommerce hosting: WooCommerce is the most powerful eCommerce plugin for WordPress, and it enables you to easily create an online store using the platform. WooCommerce hosting comes with all of the functionality you'll need to get your eCommerce shop up and running.
- Hosting on a VPS (Virtual Private Server): VPS hosting is a step up from shared WordPress hosting, allowing you to have virtual dedicated services in a shared environment.
- Dedicated server hosting: A dedicated server for your website means you'll have complete control over the server's resources. The disadvantage is that you will be responsible for managing the server on your own.
WordPress can be installed with a single click on all Bluehost hosting plans.
All plans include an elegant hosting control panel that allows you to manage your hosting, build databases, and more.
Bluehost Support and Customer Service
This is a huge help for beginners and most common issues can be quickly resolved by a simple search.
However, sometimes you may need to talk to an individual to get more help.
Bluehost offers a 24/7 support system where you can talk to their support team representatives using live chat or phone support.
This is really helpful when you need quick help from technical support staff.
Bluehost recently decided to eliminate ticket-based support to focus on the personal approach of live chat and phone-based support.
Are you ready to get started with Bluehost and build your own website? Select a Bluehost plan.
Bluehost Hosting Review: Is Bluehost the Right Choice for You?
If you're just getting started, a Bluehost shared hosting plan is a great place to start. It's affordable and comes with all of the required equipment. You can easily update your hosting plan as your business grows.
Many websites rank Bluehost as the best web hosting service. They have a wide range of hosting options and numerous features that make it simple to create a website.
All of their hosting plans come with expert customer service from experienced staff available 24/7.
Most importantly, they have affordable starter plans that can satisfy any budget.
Are you ready to get started with Bluehost and build your own website? Select a Bluehost plan.
Consider Hostinger as a lower-cost alternative to Bluehost. Its plans have the same features as Bluehost's but are less expensive. However, Hostinger was less reliable than Bluehost in our performance testing and was significantly better overall. To find out what I think of Hostinger, read our Hostinger review.
All you have to do is click on this link to purchase. The discount will be applied automatically. (exclusive 60% off discount & free domain)
FAQs: Bluehost Hosting Review
⮞ Is BlueHost best for WordPress hosting?
Yes, It is WordPress-optimized and can also defend your WordPress site from popular threats.
⮞ Is Bluehost good for beginners?
Yes, Bluehost is the most user-friendly WordPress hosting service available. When you sign up, they will immediately launch WordPress for you. They also have a user-friendly control panel that helps you to access your own hosting account.
⮞ Can I make an online store using WooCommerce on Bluehost?
Yes, you can. In fact, Bluehost is one of the best WooCommerce hosting service providers. Their starter plan is perfect to start an online store.
⮞ Where are Bluehost servers located?
Their us-based data centers are located in Utah. Besides, they also have data centers across the globe (UK, India, and China) to shorten the distance between servers and target users.